Supported Employment – Entrepreneurship and Disability (SEEDS) Project is a European partnership of five organisations - Fundacion Emplea (Spain) Lead Partner, European Union of Supported Employment (EUSE), Associacao Portuguesa de Emprego Apoiado (Portugal), Univerzitetni Rehabilitacijski Institut Republike Slovenija - Soca (Slovenia) and SUEM.BE (Belgium). SEEDS is co-funded by Eramus+ Programme of the European Union.
SEEDS project aims to transfer the model of Supported Employment to assist people with disabilities or people from disadvantaged situations to explore entrepreneurship and self-employment. The rationale of the project is that the model of Supported Employment is well established and successful in assisting people with disabilities and people from other disadvantaged situation to access and stay in employment. Due to the economic downturn people with disabilities and from disadvantaged situation have to explore other opportunities to create employment – self-employment. The lack of understanding about supporting potential entrepreneurs is a reality across Europe. The SEEDS project will address this gap through the training for professionals in adapting current practice and create consistency of approach in Self Employment Support.
The objectives of the project are to-
- Understand the difference in the knowledge, experience, capacities and skills in relation to supporting people seeking self-employment.
- Upskill and building capacity of professionals who provide support services to entrepreneurs with disabilities.
- Develop a common framework, allowing better exchange among professionals.
- Increase the number and quality of support services provided to potential entrepreneurs with disabilities throughout Europe.
This will be achieved by:-
- Producing current situation in relation to self-employment across partners.
- Adaptation of the Supported Employment methodology to support entrepreneurship.
- Design of a professional profile of the Supported Self-Employment Advisor.
- Design a European Course for Supported SelfEmployment Advisors.
- Test the training courses on 40 professionals across Europe.
- A final European Seminar to disseminate results.
Co-funded by Eramus+ Programme of the European Union
Agreement Number – 2015-1-ES01-KA202-015690